In today’s article, we are going to cover the PCM (Powertrain Control Module)/ECM (Engine Control Module) replacement on 2005-2006 Ford Escape 3.0L V6. The same principle will also work on 2005-2006 Mercury Mariner 3.0L and 2005-2006 Mazda Tribute 3.0L
Some of the most common issues on PCMs on these cars are the damages that occur when one of the ignition coil or spark plugs fail.
These issues usually are designated by certain common PCM-related codes (when doing the diagnostics on the vehicle): P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356.
In order to fix these codes and the related issue, you are going to need to perform the PCM swap on the vehicle.
Once you receive the Control Module that matches your VIN number, you are ready for the swap.
PCM ECM ECU – Engine Computer Swap
For the PCM removal, you are going to need the ratchet with 10mm socket and 11mm or 7/16 inch deep well socket. The PCM Control Modules is held in place by two bolts.
- Remove the stud on the driver’s side, using the 10mm socket
2. Remove the nut and the racket on the passenger’s side
3. Using 11mm or 7/16 inch deep well socket, remove the stud on the passenger’s side
4. Once both studs are removed, disconnect three wiring connectors from the PCM by flipping the lever towards the front of the vehicle, and pull the connector out.
5. Once all three connectors are removed, the PCM is ready to be pulled outward. Be aware that it might be a little hard to do so since the units might stick to the metal plate underneath it. Simply apply more force to get it removed.
6. Install the new PCM Module and repeat all the steps backward.
The PCM you order with us is 100% ready for the immediate installation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call our Customer Service department at 516-766-2223, we’re always here to help!
You can also order the unit with the additional keys cut and Programmed for your car, and the set of ignition coils and spark plugs to make the repair process seamless. Since your old PCM might have been damaged by a failed ignition coil, all of 6 coils need to be changed, otherwise, the new Unit will fail too. Buying all the components in one package is going to eliminate any possibility of errors. We highly recommend using Motorcraft ignition coils and spark plugs in your PCM replacement procedure.
Here’s a quick video to showcase the replacement process.
Lowest Prices on the PCM Modules. Come with FREE Lifetime Warranty & No Core Charge. Shop Now!
Need help? Call our support at 516-766-2223.