A Powertrain Control Module (PCM) on a 2003 Dodge Caravan 3.3L.
- Power Battery.
- Power Distribution Center.
- PCM Module.
How to Remove a PCM Module
SBEC Controller. We start with removing of SBEC Controller (Single Board Engine Controller).
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Remove the battery shield.
- Unscrew two PCM bolts from the top.
4. Disconnect two PCM connectors.
5. Remove the headlamp retaining screws.
6. Remove the mounting bolt from the bottom of PCM.
7. Remove the PCM Module.
NGC Controller. Having the negative battery cable disconnected, remove the NGC Controller (Next Generation Controller).
1. Make sure the wheels of the vehicle are turned to the left.
2. Raise vehicle and support.
3. Remove the left front wheel well splash shield.
4. Disconnect the connectors.
5. Unscrew THREE screws that straighten the PCM to the mounting bracket.
6. Remove the PCM.
Putting the SBEC Controller back on.
- Install the PCM.
- Put the lower PCM mounting bolt in, and tighten it.
- Place the upper PCM bracket bolts, and tighten them.
- Install the headlamp back in.
- Connect the two PCM cables.
- Place the battery shield back on.
Installing the NGC Controller.
- Place the PCM on the mounting bracket.
- Install electrical connectors and lock.
- Install the splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative cable to the battery.
Visit fs1inc.com and order yours NOW!