Mitsubishi Raider Engine Computers
Mitsubishi Raider Engine Computers
If your Mitsubishi Raider isn't running as it should, a new Engine Computer may be just what you need. Flagship One has a wide selection of Engine Computers specifically designed for your Mitsubishi Raider, so you're sure to find the perfect one for your needs. Using the right Powertrain Control Module ensures that your Mitsubishi Raider runs smoothly and produces fewer emissions. Here are 8 frequently asked questions and answers to help you understand the importance of this automobile component.
1. What does an Engine Computer do?
An Engine Computer, or Powertrain Control Module (PCM), is responsible for regulating the performance of your Mitsubishi Raider's engine. It monitors and controls many different aspects of engine function, including fuel delivery, ignition timing, and emissions.
2. Why is it important to use the correct engine computer?
Using the wrong engine computer can lead to decreased performance, poor fuel economy, and even damage to your Mitsubishi Raider's engine. The PCM is specifically calibrated for your vehicle's engine and components, so it is essential to use the correct one to ensure optimal performance..
3. Can you get any year computer for your Mitsubishi Raider?
Mitsubishi installs a new engine computer in each car model every year. The computer is designed to take information from sensors that are unique to each year and model of Mitsubishi Raider. If you buy and install a computer for a different year, it may not work as well or may cause costly malfunctions. Luckily, engine computers for many years & models of Mitsubishi Raider are readily availble from Flagship One.
4. How will a new engine computer improve the performance of my Mitsubishi Raider?
If you install a new control unit in your Mitsubishi Raider, you can expect a variety of improvements. This can include better fuel delivery and ignition timing, resulting in higher gas efficiency. Additionally, a new Mitsubishi Raider PCM can help decrease emissions, making your vehicle compliant with environmental regulations.
5. What are some symptoms of a powertrain control module malfunction?
There are many symptoms of a faulty pcm, including poor fuel economy, the check engine light comes on, decreased performance, the engine stalls or misfires, rough idling, and increased emissions. If you experience any of these problems, it's likely that your engine computer needs to be replaced.
6. Is an ECU and PCM the same thing?
PCM (Powertrain Control Module) - The PCM manages both the engine and transmission. It ensures that both the engine and transmission are working correctly.
ECU (Engine Control Unit) / ECM (Engine Control Module) - The control unit manages the engine only. It oversees all of the sensors, actuators, fuel injection, and ignition associated with the engine.
7. What is a programmed ECM?
A programmed ECM is an engine computer that has been pre-loaded with the specific calibration for your Mitsubishi Raider. This can save you time and money, as you won't have to take your Mitsubishi to a dealership or mechanic to have the computer flashed (a process of programming the computer to match your Mitsubishi's engine). Flagship One offers pre-programmed engine control modules for a wide variety of Mitsubishi vehicles, including some units that are plug&play.
8. Are the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and ECM related?
The VIN on your Raider is related to the specific ECM that your car needs. Mitsubishi will not release an engine computer without checking the VIN compatibility. The Engine Computers from Flagship One are all programmed to your Raider's year and model, so you don't have to worry about finding the correct electronic control module. Simply enter your VIN when ordering, and we'll do the rest. We also offer PCM repair for select models.
- Mitsubishi 3000GT Engine Computers (9)
- Mitsubishi Diamante Engine Computers (13)
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Engine Computers (144)
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Engine Computers (30)
- Mitsubishi Endeavor Engine Computers (7)
- Mitsubishi Expo Engine Computers (7)
- Mitsubishi Galant Engine Computers (34)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Engine Computers (27)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Engine Computers (11)
- Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup Engine Computers (12)
- Mitsubishi Mirage Engine Computers (31)
- Mitsubishi Montero Engine Computers (20)
- Mitsubishi Montero Sport Engine Computers (16)
- Mitsubishi Outlander Engine Computers (31)
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Engine Computers (16)
- Mitsubishi Precis Engine Computers (5)
- Mitsubishi Raider Engine Computers (215)