Chrysler Voyager PCM | ECM | ECU
Chrysler Voyager Engine Computers
If your Chrysler Voyager isn't running as it should, a new Engine Computer may be just what you need. Flagship One has a wide selection of Engine Computers specifically designed for your Chrysler Voyager, so you're sure to find the perfect one for your needs. Using the right Powertrain Control Module ensures that your Chrysler Voyager runs smoothly and produces fewer emissions. Here are 8 frequently asked questions and answers to help you understand the importance of this automobile component.
1. What does an Engine Computer do?
An Engine Computer, or Powertrain Control Module (PCM), is responsible for regulating the performance of your Chrysler Voyager's engine. It monitors and controls many different aspects of engine function, including fuel delivery, ignition timing, and emissions.
2. Why is it important to use the correct engine computer?
Using the wrong engine computer can lead to decreased performance, poor fuel economy, and even damage to your Chrysler Voyager's engine. The PCM is specifically calibrated for your vehicle's engine and components, so it is essential to use the correct one to ensure optimal performance..
3. Can you get any year computer for your Chrysler Voyager?
Chrysler installs a new engine computer in each car model every year. The computer is designed to take information from sensors that are unique to each year and model of Chrysler Voyager. If you buy and install a computer for a different year, it may not work as well or may cause costly malfunctions. Luckily, engine computers for many years & models of Chrysler Voyager are readily availble from Flagship One.
4. How will a new engine computer improve the performance of my Chrysler Voyager?
If you install a new control unit in your Chrysler Voyager, you can expect a variety of improvements. This can include better fuel delivery and ignition timing, resulting in higher gas efficiency. Additionally, a new Chrysler Voyager PCM can help decrease emissions, making your vehicle compliant with environmental regulations.
5. What are some symptoms of a powertrain control module malfunction?
There are many symptoms of a faulty pcm, including poor fuel economy, the check engine light comes on, decreased performance, the engine stalls or misfires, rough idling, and increased emissions. If you experience any of these problems, it's likely that your engine computer needs to be replaced.
6. Is an ECU and PCM the same thing?
PCM (Powertrain Control Module) - The PCM manages both the engine and transmission. It ensures that both the engine and transmission are working correctly.
ECU (Engine Control Unit) / ECM (Engine Control Module) - The control unit manages the engine only. It oversees all of the sensors, actuators, fuel injection, and ignition associated with the engine.
7. What is a programmed ECM?
A programmed ECM is an engine computer that has been pre-loaded with the specific calibration for your Chrysler Voyager. This can save you time and money, as you won't have to take your Chrysler to a dealership or mechanic to have the computer flashed (a process of programming the computer to match your Chrysler's engine). Flagship One offers pre-programmed engine control modules for a wide variety of Chrysler vehicles, including some units that are plug&play.
8. Are the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and ECM related?
The VIN on your Voyager is related to the specific ECM that your car needs. Chrysler will not release an engine computer without checking the VIN compatibility. The Engine Computers from Flagship One are all programmed to your Voyager's year and model, so you don't have to worry about finding the correct electronic control module. Simply enter your VIN when ordering, and we'll do the rest. We also offer PCM repair for select models.
- Chrysler 200 PCM | ECM | ECU (393)
- Chrysler 300 PCM | ECM | ECU (2692)
- Chrysler 300M PCM | ECM | ECU (881)
- Chrysler Aspen PCM | ECM | ECU (174)
- Chrysler Cirrus PCM | ECM | ECU (350)
- Chrysler Concorde PCM | ECM | ECU (930)
- Chrysler Crossfire PCM | ECM | ECU (5)
- Chrysler Imperial PCM | ECM | ECU (4)
- Chrysler LHS PCM | ECM | ECU (140)
- Chrysler Le Baron PCM | ECM | ECU (11)
- Chrysler New Yorker PCM | ECM | ECU (53)
- Chrysler PT Cruiser PCM | ECM | ECU (1311)
- Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid PCM | ECM | ECU (3)
- Chrysler Pacifica PCM | ECM | ECU (369)
- Chrysler Prowler PCM | ECM | ECU (2)
- Chrysler Sebring PCM | ECM | ECU (2050)
- Chrysler TC PCM | ECM | ECU (3)
- Chrysler Town & Country PCM | ECM | ECU (1529)
- Chrysler Voyager PCM | ECM | ECU (335)